Pages - Menu

Saturday 1 March 2014

The Converted Gujju

Gawd I had completely forgotten about this blog I started

Now that I have decided I want to blog  seriously and try and get some freebies out of it (got my corporate perspective on how bloggers make money 'RESPECT' )...I am going to be sincere bout my blogging

So today was a tough realization day for in my single and strange life...everyone who knows me will vouch for my gujjuness which personifies my inability to spend money on anything I don't think is worth and that is what made today strange.

It all started last week when Surabhi  told me bout this friends and family sale where Bottega, Tumi, Armani, Furla were on a super 70% sale. Now a year and half back none of these names would have meant anything to me but this last job has tortured me into if not appreciating, atleast understanding luxury.

So yest I managed to convince people to wake up at 8.00 am on a Saturday and stand with me in line so that we are first ones in when the sale starts...we reach on time and run and I start buying for me and my absentee friend who is digitally shopping through wassapp. And we shopped and shopped and shopped.

So after blowing away a bomb of money which I desperately needed to save on things I really did not need, I am now sitting and judging myself and thinking why is my Paul Smith scarf different from my Zara or Colaba street scarf.

And am simultaneously thinking I sud have bought that Bottega Wallet, which was a steal at 20000...My dear khushboo, when have u ever bought a wallet for more than 3000 is also a question I am asking myself.

Among this medley of poor and rich thoughts I finally figured that I have been turned...I am a luxury customer (though a friends and family sale one, but still...). I am horrified at the thought that I will some day be ok with spending few lakhs over a bag or a shoe.

Somebody save me from myself  :p

No comments:

Post a Comment