Pages - Menu

Thursday 5 May 2011

Thoughts from just before i turned 30 (not so long ago :D)


I never agreed that there was any linkage between age and introspection till the bloody 30th birthday started looming around and killing all the joy from 2011…unlike the nice and decent people I know the introspection is not really about money, house, family and things that improve quality of life, but the introspection is about how life can go madder.

Lets define madder in my book – Madder should include adventure sports, serious wanderlusting, random conversations with strangers, secret affairs, bets which sound stupid and shopping sprees that make me poverty stricken as hmm madness which is supported by multiple pairs of stilettos is always a nice crazy.

Well madness is in the futuristic wish list and surprisingly the introspection has stopped being about not being in a committed relationship as being single at 30 doesn’t affect me as single at 25 did. The deterrent reason is very simple – mom has stopped pestering me bout getting married and left me to find my own destiny which though is taking a lot of time to unfold.

I have been told by many cool single women who already reside on the other side of 30 that it is not a big deal and if u forget that it is ur birthday (which alcohol can help do), life moves on without too much ado. To be on the safe side I am adding spa to the drunk frenzy plan for the birthday just to take the edge off.

My introspections doesn’t need a conclusive ending but maybe a background story can give a little context…a upsetting day at work, a phone call from a dear friend about an equally boring day and HBO playing Julie and Julia, where Julie Powell’s story just got me typing with a back of mind thought on whether writing about it would make the 30s lill more madder.

No comments:

Post a Comment